Memoir Ghostwriting Services
Erick Mertz Writing
Get Started Writing Your Memoir
Memoir Ghostwriting Services
Have you always wanted to write your life story? Do you ever sit down to write, but find you get lost, or struggle to get the story down the right way? If you answered yes to either of these questions, memoir ghostwriting may be the best solution for you.
I believe every one of us has a book in us. If you’re trying to write a memoir, or considering it, now is a great time (actually, it may be the best time). I have written a book, Memoir Writing: The Nine Things You Need To Know to help you get off the ground.
Don’t wait. Get your free eBook Memoir Writing: The Nine Things You Need To Know by clicking here to download today.
I created this volume to be a short and easy to read. The goal is to help you understand everything you need to know, from getting started to all the reasons why now is a great time to write a book.
Professional Memoir Ghostwriter
My name is Erick Mertz. I’m a professional memoir ghostwriter, writing coach, and editor originally from Portland, Oregon. Throughout my career as a professional memoir ghostwriter, I have written more than one hundred books, screenplays and memoirs, for clients from across the world!
What kind of clients do I work for?
Over the last twenty years, I have ghostwritten manuscripts for a wide variety of clients. People from every walk of life.
What kind of stories?
I specialize in stories of survival. Stories about courage. My clients are usually ordinary people who have done extraordinary things in their lives and want to tell the world about their unique experience.
This is the common denominator. I write books for clients who have a story they want to tell.
I began my writing journey in college at the University of Oregon where I received degrees in English and communications. After taking years honing my craft, I decided to take that expertise and evolve it. In 2005, I decided to found this company, Erick Mertz Writing as a way of bringing those story telling gifts to my clients.
I work with a professional team of writers, editors and story coaches. Everyone on my team is someone I would trust to write my story. My goal is to bring high quality writing solutions to you at an affordable rate.
If you are serious about hiring a professional ghostwriter for your memoir, please contact me. Every new contact receives a free 30-minute 1:1 consultation about their ghostwriting project or manuscript consultation.
Claim your Free E-Book
Memoir Writing: The Nine Things You Need To Know
Don’t Just Take My Word For It!
Beneath the Surface
“Erick has the ability to go ‘beneath the surface’ seeking why the memory and/or teaching is so important… This proved vital as my most important purpose was producing a book for my family. If you are seeking assistance in completing the task of writing a book, I encourage you to contact Erick. I know you will not be disappointed.”
Tim Diehl, His Faith & Memories
Keen Sense of Story & Character
“Erick Mertz helped with Revelle my debut, self-published fiction novel. He was instrumental in the difficult editing and development phases, increasing overall quality of the manuscript in preparation for publication. He has a keen sense of story and character, and I highly recommend him to writers needing help with those, i.e. to pretty much any writer of fiction.”
Alison Wiley, author of Revelle: A Novel
See more of Alison’s novel here at Diamond-Cut-Life.
Captured my Vision
I hired Erick to turn my idea into a screenplay. He captured my vision and exceeded my expectations. He is very easy to work with and always amenable to my suggestions. Very talented and I highly recommend him for your writing project.”
Kristin Segovia, author of Still Positive
Memoir Ghostwriting & You
How long have you had a burning desire to write your life story? Months? Or is it more like years? Is there a chapter in your life that you’re dying to share, knowing there is an audience who would benefit, but you’re not quite sure how? If this sounds like you then you’ve come to the right place. I offer memoir ghostwriting and coaching services designed with one goal in mind.
To help you get your book into the hands of eager readers.
That statement might give some of you pause. Writing a book is hard enough. The thought of reaching an audience sounds so far off that it hardly seems realistic. I’m here to tell you what dozens of previous clients have learned.
You can reach an audience.
You just have to know how to do it.
Here is something many writers discover the hard way: writing a memoir that reaches readers does not happen accidentally. Only very few lucky writers (I’m talking about one in a million) stumble on genius in a single draft. If you’re like the rest, looking for ways to bring that book to life and reach readers, my team offers high-quality memoir ghostwriting and coaching that will get you there.
What is Memoir Coaching?
Over the years, I’ve worked with a great number of memoir ghostwriting and coaching clients. While everyone is different, bringing unique experiences and challenges to the table, one thing stays the same.
We find a way to get the project done.
I know you might feel stuck. I understand the challenge writing your story presents. Working with an experienced memoir coach helps you get past those difficulties. We find ways to get you “unstuck”, and writing new and exciting content again.
What are some ways that a memoir coach can help?
- I can help you flesh out the deeper, more resonant themes in your memoir. Quite often I find that my clients start writing their book without really examining their story. With me on your side as a sounding board, I can help you see things in a new way.
- Solid memoir coaching helps you structure your manuscript so that it grasps the attention of readers or publishers. Maybe you know that a story has a beginning, middle, and an end. But there is more to it. Discover the storytelling secrets the professionals use to get their manuscripts published.
- Working with a professional affords you a high-quality, in-depth understanding of the marketplace. Every day thousands of new books go up on Amazon. How many of those authors are successful? Only those that take the time to research and understand. Do you know who your readers really are? The answer might surprise you. The key to happy readers (and good reviews) is giving them exactly what they want.
- Publishing your book is a challenge. Whether you’re going “traditional” and seeking a publisher, or choosing to self publish your book, I can help answer the question of what comes after you’re done.
Obviously, there is so much more than I just listed! Like I said, every memoir coaching client is a little different. Some of my clients are beyond coaching. They prefer, instead of helpful and informative instruction, someone to write the book for them. In this case, memoir ghostwriting is another service my team provides.
The Memoir Ghostwriting Process
Simply telling you all of the benefits a memoir coach can offer you is one thing. Everything sounds great, but what you really need to know is what the process is going to look like. Speaking of themes, I’m going to hit on another one here:
Every client is different.
I learned early on that trying to fit all of my clients into one process was a bad idea. Wait. It’s more like a disaster. What works for you might not work for the next person. I can, however, speak in general terms to what the process looks like.
- The first step is our initial consultation. We talk about your manuscript and where you’re at. Beyond that, however, we take the time to talk about you. What do you want for your book? What do you need to achieve your goals?
- Once I understand your unique needs then I do initial market research. What are the other books in your specific genre? What books are selling? Marketing books isn’t the core of my service, but if your plan is to reach an audience, you need to know what works. And what doesn’t.
- Once I understand you and your book, I got to work. I review your existing materials. I create an exhaustive list of ideas, themes, concepts and characters, exploring all the ways to make those elements work together.
- A second consultation follows. By now, I’ve got ideas — a lot of ideas, usually. Together we work with those ideas, keeping and developing those we like, and moving on from those that do not.
- Once I know what you like, I develop an easy to follow action plan. I craft a detailed step-by-step process based on my research, brainstorms and our conversations then share it with you.
Once you start writing again, I like to remain connected. I make myself available for consultations, whether those are by email or phone, helping you implement the plan we came up with together. The process of memoir ghostwriting is a little different. In that process, I take the client approved action plan and start writing the manuscript myself.
Whatever path you choose, you can see, working with a memoir coach is easy. It is intuitive. The process conforms to your needs and meets you wherever you are. Most importantly, it supports your evolution to a published author.
Memoir Ghostwriting: Your Next Steps
You’re almost there!
If you’re working on a manuscript right now, struggling to get any headway, and are ready to take the next step, I encourage you to get in touch with me today. Hiring memoir coach or ghostwriter is a step you will not regret.
For some, reaching out and look for help can be difficult.
To those people, I usually try and remind them of how hard writing is. It’s really hard. Even for the professionals. And just like the professionals, who usually work with a team of editors and assistants, you need help too.
The world is filled with unfinished books. Don’t let yours meet that fate.
Instead, make the decision today to take the first step toward meeting your audience. They’re out there right now, waiting for your book to hit the market. It’s up to you whether you’re ready to deliver.
Get in Touch!
Hiring a high level, professional ghostwriter for your writing project has never been this easy before.